Thursday, May 15, 2014

Easy Castor Pack Detox

I know some people are scared of the word detox, when they hear detox they probably think about slimming teas, laxatives or master cleanses that literally gets rid of all the sh*t in you.. (I had to). I learned about the castor pack from my naturopath when I complained about some serious bloating.. I tried it the first time and I swear my belly went flat!

Castor packs is probably the easiest way to detox, this method of detoxing is an easy way to eliminate all the toxins out of the body without having to lock yourself in the toilet for God knows how long. It involves the tropical use of castor oil, which is a thick vegetable oil derived from the castor bean used in many countries for thousands of years

Here's what you'll need:


  • Castor Oil (Cold-pressed is better)
  • An old cloth .. one that you don't mind getting stained
  • Heating Pad, hot water bottle/ hot compress
The castor detox involves rubbing castor oil all over your belly. First, massage your belly in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. After you massage your belly, place the old cloth over your abdomen. Finally, place the hot compress/ heating pad over the cloth. Keep the heat on for approximately 45 min- 1 hour and RELAX. I usually do this while using my computer or watching TV.


Massaging the oil over your digestive tract allows the oil to seep through your skin and into your intestines, the oil then helps stimulate circulation and improve the elimination of toxins and other stuff your body needs to get rid of.

I usually do this at night before I go to bed, it helps relieve the upset or bloated stomach that I get after eating and leaves me with a slightly flatter tummy, which is obviously my favourite part of the whole thing.. and as a bonus, the oil leaves the skin of your tummy super soft and smooth.

Since incorporating this into my routine, I've been less bloated and I feel much lighter which helps me sleep more comfortably. This shouldn't even be called a detox, it's honestly effortless and too easy.

YAY for Castor Packs!!

x Michelle