Sunday, May 25, 2014

DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub.




If you don't like the smell of Coffee.. I'm just going to assume that you're crazy. I was feeling a little bit of a DIY this morning.. After browsing around social media, it seems that the latest beauty crazy is coffee scrubs. Brands like Frank's Body and Mr. Bean Body Care are just making too many appearances on my instagram timeline and pinterest dashboards.. So wanting to join the hype, my frugal self decided to try this DIY


The scrub is made from all natural ingredients, which is awesome because we don't want all those chemically stuff on our precious skins. All you need is ground coffee (duh), Palm Sugar and Coconut oil. 

Coffee is super rich in antioxidants and the caffeine draws out the extra moisture in your skin to help it look firmer and smoother (1/4 Cup)

Coconut oil is amazing, there is nothing wrong about it.. it is perfect. In this scrub, the coconut oil acts as a moisturizer. Coconut oil is also rich in vitamins and minerals which our skin will absorb. (1/4 Cup, Melted)

Palm sugar acts as the exfoliant along with the ground coffee, this will help remove dead skin and expose fresh skin. (1/2 Cup)

All you need to do to make this scrub is to mix all the ingredients together until combined.. thats it. It can be messy if you're not careful. After that.. voila! Just make sure to keep it in an air-tight container and you're ready to scrub away. 

I tried this scrub right away in the shower, and honestly.. I never wanted to leave, the smell of Coffee is just tooo wonderful. The scrub left my skin really smooth and soft, I didn't actually have to do my post shower lotion ritual afterwards... and as I mentioned.. It smells jfhsdjkfhsd amazing. I'm kind of tempted to lick my arm.. but I wont.