Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Coconut flour Waffles ♥


Ever since me and my mom bought a waffle maker.. I swear I've been having waffles for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. There's no rule saying that you can only have waffles in the morning, especially these ones because they're grain-free, gluten free, low-cal and low carb.. so these waffles are completely guilt-free!


So after buying the waffle maker, me and my mom also picked up instant waffle mix, but we all know that if you eat that stuff on the regs.. bad things will happen... so I adapted this recipe from Foodie Fiasco (who is my fave food blogger btw) and added a few extras to suit my tastebuds.

Ingredients: 
3 Egg Whites (Approx. 6 Tbs)
2 Tbs Coconut Flour
2 Tbs Unsweetened Almond Milk or Non-Dairy Milk
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp PB2 or Stevia (optional)
Dash of Cinnamon

Directions:
Whisk 2 egg whites until they become super foamy, feel free to use an egg beater but I decided to whisk it myself for a bonus arm workout. Once it's foamy, add in the coconut flour, milk, baking powder, the last egg white and your optional ingredients. Pre-heat your waffle maker to the highest temp and pour in the batter, and cook it until your waffle maker says its ready! For those who like extra crispy waffles, like me.. I decided to put my waffle in the toaster for about 3 minutes.


What you decide to do next is completely up to you, I topped mine with hot PB (of course), stewed raspberries and blueberries... Then I turned into a monster and devoured that thing, but nobody was watching, so it's ok.

Happy Munching!
x Michelle