Sunday, June 8, 2014

Honey Coconut Macaroons



I've gotten a lot of bad news this week, and everybody who knows me knows that I like to eat when I'm stressed or upset.. especially carbs, which is probably a really bad thing since I was diagnosed with SIBO. Knowing that all my stress and heartbreak is going to stick with me a little bit longer, I had to find another way to cure my cravings without taking in too much carbs, because there is no way these cravings are going away anytime soon.

I decided to whip up some Coconut Macaroons, because.. 1. They're so easy, 2. I had a bunch of shredded coconut in my pantry, 3. These macaroons are a little less sinful than the things I've recently eaten

Ingredients: 3 Large Egg Whites or 6TB, 1/4 cup Honey, 2 1/2 cup shredded coconut, Chocolate Chips (optional), sea salt (optional) Yields 6-8

Directions: Combine egg whites and honey and whisk together, add in optional sea salt and stir in coconut shreds, place mixture in fridge for 1/2 hour. After chilling, take an ice cream scoop and fill with batter, release batter onto parchment paper lined baking dish. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, rotating dish halfway through. Ensure macaroons are golden brown before taking it out of the oven. Let it cool for 1/2 hour before devouring. You can also melt some chocolate and drizzle over your macaroons like I did!

Enjoy this with a cup of tea or coffee, you'll thank me.
x Michelle